About UsPosted on July 7th, 2015
Haines & Company, Inc. was founded in 1928 by William L. Haines in Canton, Ohio, to publish the Stark County Legal News. In 1930, the company expanded
its operations to publish the Ohio Auto Registration Directory. In 1932, the company expanded its operations again to include The Canton Shopping News
and The Haines Criss+Cross Directory.
Today, Haines & Company, Inc. is one of the largest independent publisher of cross-reference directories in the United States.
Its product offering includes Criss+Cross directories, direct mail services, fund-raising services, real estate data, and telephone directories.
Haines Publishing, Inc. was started in 1993 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Haines & Company, Inc. That year, the company completed the Delaware County, Ohio
canvass and the Licking County. Ohio canvass. In 1994, the company delivered the first directories for those respective counties and have continued to grow in Ohio
and New York. Today, Haines Publishing has grown to fifteen directories with distribution to one million telephone directories.
Current Telephone Directories include:
Delaware County, OH – started in 1993 and delivered in 1994 / Licking/Knox County, OH – expanded in 1999 to include Knox County
Marion/Crawford/Morrow Counties, OH – started in 1994 / Greater Fairfield, OH – started in 1994 and delivered in 1995
Tri-County, OH – purchased in 1995 and delivered in 1996 / Ross/Pickaway, OH – prototyped in 1996 and delivered in 1997; expanded in 2008 to include Ross County
Ontario/Wayne County, NY – purchased in 2001 and delivered in 2001 / Livingston County, NY – purchased in 2001 and delivered in 2001 Cayuga/Seneca County, NY – purchased in 2001 and delivered 2001 /
Oswego County, NY – purchased in 2001 and delivered 2001 Cortland, NY – started in 2003 and delivered in 2004 / Tompkins, NY – started in 2005 and delivered in 2005
Chemung/Schuyler/Eastern Steuben Counties, NY – started in 2006 and delivered in 2006 / Hancock/Seneca/Wyandot Counties, OH – started in 2006 and delivered in 2007 /
Broome/Tioga Counties, NY – started in 2006 and delivered in 2007